Saturday, January 17, 2009

Rubba Rubba from the Professionals

Today was another uneventful day.  Woke up, ate, sat by the pool all day, stealing life preservers from little children.

Rachel, Wayne and Ben arrived midday.  Rachel was feeling a little sick, so we shunned her for most of the day.

My big event for the day was getting an Indian deep tissue massage at the hotel spa.  It all began with a steam, a shower, and an uncomfortable ritual foot washing.  No one should ever be on their knees in front of me washing my feet, nor should I ever be standing in a bowl for any reason.

The massage was excellent and involved the therapist using her knee on my back repeatedly.  I am now severely bruised, which is how I like it; if you don't feel like you're working to hold back the tears during a massage, they're not doing it right.

When I returned to the pool, I found that Rachel had emerged with Ben, and so we took turns making him do entertaining things in the water.  I learned that Ben likes head nods, but is confused by head bobs.  (In lieu of nodding or shaking, Indians do this awesome head bob thing where they bob their heads side to side like, well, a bobble head.  It means everything from "yes, sir" to "no, sir" to "absolutely, sir" to "I hate you, sir" to "get out of my way, sir" to "thank you, sir, for the lousy tip, sir" to "I have nothing more to say to you, sir", sometimes all at once.)

Other than that, we sat by the pool some more and then by the hot tub.  Life is good.

Monkey sightings: no change.

P.S.  Monkey misses pitter.

2 comments:

  1. Were McKenna or McKenzie or their Indian counterparts at the pool???

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, william just told me about your blog! I'm gonna go catch up... and be *extremely* jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete