Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mumbai Wedding

Dear Anita,

Unfortunately, after attending a wedding in India this evening, I have discovered SEVERAL additional budget items for your Indian wedding in America for which we had not previously accounted:

1. Bubble machines.
2. Carbonated lemonade.
3. String lights.
4. Hip-hop from 1992. 

Kind regards,
Michael

On a serious note, though, we had a great time.  Wayne and I got a chance to really hang out and tell stories to one another.  I had several vodka-carbonated-lemonades with ice, and, even though the ice melted in my drink and I still drank it, I have yet to get a serious stomach ailment.  I am now much more concerned about giving myself psychosomatic intestinal distress than anything else.  I do kinda always feel like I might have messed myself a little, but that just means that Ben and I have even more in common than I thought.

Rachel was super helpful today, as were several guests at the wedding, with respect to Anita's big day.  We drove around looking at fabric and saris and duppati and bangels and all sorts of great items I can't wait to bring back for her.  We have several more stops over the next several days while I'm in Mumbai, so I just hope the fecal count stays low.  I fear, though, that I'm exhausting our new mommy.

You heard me right.  Mumbai has a fecal count like DC has a pollen count.  Breathe in all that poopy goodness.  I know I'll be sleeping with the windows open tonight.

Michael

Monkey sightings: no change.

No comments:

Post a Comment